Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jonathan Chawke <j_...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/21 00:08:41 UTC

Apache-SOAP User's FAQ Updated

I've just updated the Apache SOAP User's FAQ.
It's available here:
http://xml.apache.org/soap/faq/faq_chawke.html
I hope you find it useful. Let me know if you spot any errors or omissions.
Thanks,
Jonathan.

Re: SOAP and JDK 1.2.2 Windows ok but Linux/Solaris problem

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.
> On JDK 1.2.2 on Linux and Solaris, it is not working well.  It's odd,
> because it does send most of the objects, but the array of objects does
not
> go out.  I have a main object that includes an array of subobjects, and
the
> subobject array length is zero when it's received (though it's definitely
> set when sending).  No exceptions are thrown.

A bit of further testing shows that it's the arrays that don't work here.  I
turned the array of objects into a single object, but it contains a byte
array, and everything in that object is now being sent, but the byte array
is null.

I'd normally guess this was a SOAP problem, but it really appears to be JDK
related.  Has anybody discovered a work around for this sort of problem?

Mahalo,
David

Re: SOAP and JDK 1.2.2 Windows ok but Linux/Solaris problem

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.
I have a SOAP 2.2 call made up of multiple objects that contain other
objects and I'm using the BeanSerializer to marshal these for me.  I'm also
using Xerces 1.4.3 as my parser.

On JDK 1.3.0, I'm having no problems whatsoever.

On JDK 1.2.2 on Windows, it works fine.

On JDK 1.2.2 on Linux and Solaris, it is not working well.  It's odd,
because it does send most of the objects, but the array of objects does not
go out.  I have a main object that includes an array of subobjects, and the
subobject array length is zero when it's received (though it's definitely
set when sending).  No exceptions are thrown.

It's odd because it's only 1.2.2 on the Unix side that suffers.

Any ideas?  I didn't see anything in the FAQ.

Thanks much,
David

SOAP and JDK 1.2.2 Windows ok but Linux/Solaris problem