Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2007/09/12 14:22:55 UTC

UIMA Sandbox component documentation

With the current UIMA Sandbox documentation setup we create one large
documentation that contains all the sandbox components.
I don't like this setup. If I'm only interested in one Sandbox component
I have to build/get the complete Sandbox documentation. If I want to
package for example an annotator as PEAR and will include the
documentation, I have to package the whole Sandbox documentation
and cannot package just that part that is relevant for the component.

Given that I worked on some modifications for the Sandbox build. My plan
is that each Sandbox component has a folder called "docbook" that
contains the docbook XML file and the images. Also each project has an
own build file that reference a common Sandbox build file
(sandbox_build.xml) to build the documentation for the component.

The SandboxDocs project is still used for all the other files that are
necessary for the Sandbox documentation build. and if necessary to build
a documentation
that contains all the Sandbox components. But I think this is not really
helpful. Also the SandboxDocs project has a common book info
(book_info.xml) file that is used during the component build so that
book information and copyright information just have to be created once.
The new files in the SandboxDocs project are located at
src/docbook/book_info.xml and sandbox_build.xml.

I updated the RegularExpressionAnnotator project to work with this new
setup. It now contains a docbook directory that contains the
documentation and a build_documentation.xml file to build it.

Please take a look and let me know what you think about.
If we go with that setup some of the SandboxDocs projects files can be
deleted.

-- Michael

Re: UIMA Sandbox component documentation

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Unfortunately there is no such documentation.
Well, we do have general (but not sandbox specific) docs on how to do
this on our website, here:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/svn.html#building.eclipse

-Marshall

Re: UIMA Sandbox component documentation

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Unfortunately there is no such documentation.
But you just have to extract the projects you are interested in to your
eclipse workspace and then use Maven to create projects files and to
build it.
Since the UIMA release jars are in the Maven incubator repository you
don't need any other UIMA projects to the the Sandbox components compiled.
The CasEditor is currently a little bit tricky to compile, but we are
working on it :-)

Hope that helps, if not, please come back with some more detailed questions.

-- Michael

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
hi michael

                  how re u?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
I did the changes and delete the unused files from the SandboxDocs project.

I verified that all Sandbox sub component documentation builds works
fine and that the images are displayed in the documentation.

If anyone has some issues with the new setup, please let me know.

-- Michael

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.