Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com> on 2016/11/17 17:45:54 UTC

Using mapWithState without a checkpoint

Hi,
Is it possible to use mapWithState without checkpointing at all ?
I'd rather have the whole application fail, restart and reload an
initialState RDD than pay for checkpointing every 10 batches.

Thank you,
Daniel

Re: Using mapWithState without a checkpoint

Posted by "Shixiong(Ryan) Zhu" <sh...@databricks.com>.
Even if you don't need the checkpointing data for recovery, "mapWithState"
still needs to use "checkpoint" to cut off the RDD lineage.

Posted by shyla deshpande <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello spark users,