Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bacco, F. ing. DTO/SLAS/DMSEISC/RPV" <F....@MINDEF.NL> on 2002/09/05 10:02:38 UTC

problem running struts-example (1.1-b2) on iPlanet (SP1)

Hi there,

I'm trying to run the struts-example (1.1-b2) on iPlanet (SP1).
When I've deployed the application the webserver doesn't start up.
Only when I'm putting

  <!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->
  <servlet>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>validating</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
  <servlet>

in the Web.xml the server starts up, but still the example isn't running.

What could be the problem? Does anyone had a similar experience with iPlanet
(SP1)?
Personally I think it has something to do with the xml parser.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Frank Bacco