Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Salamon Zsolt <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 19:17:59 UTC

using properties file from java source in tapestry 5

Hello!

I have a component class, and a properties file with it.
We call now ExamComponent.java and ExamComponent.properties.

And I have an ExamPage.java.

Now I use the ExamComponent.properties file this way in ExamPage.java:

@Component
private ExamComponent examComponent;

ResourceBundle rbLocale = java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle
(examComponent.getClass().getName());

String neededPropertyValue = rbLocale.getString("property-name")

I got an idea, which says I can use the ExamComponent.properties file
if I inject a Messages object. It will be the message catalog for the
component.
I don't use any Messages object before.
Anyone give me an example for this?

Re: using properties file from java source in tapestry 5

Posted by Salamon Zsolt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!

I search in google very different keywords, that's why I not found this.

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
Hi Salamon,