Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Marc Parisi <ph...@apache.org> on 2019/03/05 13:41:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.0

Hello everyone,
  I wanted to discuss releasing Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.0 in the coming
week or two. We have some exciting new features and even more exciting bug
fixes.

   This release will see the growth of a sub-component called nanofi, which
will be an easily consumable library that enables integration within
existing applications. Additionally, we've introduced a new C2 CoAP
protocol, the ability to write and execute custom native Python processors
in flows, and a JNI link that enables running Java processors from within a
much smaller resource footprint in MiNiFI C++ -- closing gaps and enabling
feature sets. This release will also see the introduction of Windows builds
and various fixes that will improve the user experience.

   As with all releases, these feature sets can be customized for use
cases/deployments.

   If everyone is amenable to a release, I will RM unless anyone would like
to take those duties.

   Best Regards,
   Marc Parisi

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.0

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great to me.  Definitely have put a lot of great advances since our
last release in both features and robustness.  Looking forward to it and
thanks for volunteering for RM duties.

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.