Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/24 19:24:02 UTC

Re: OgnlUtils? 4.0

Yes, you'll need to inject the tapestry.ognl.ExpressionCache service.

However, given that expression caching is built into the
tapestry.ognl.ExpressionEvaluator, service don't see why you would
need to get parsed expressions.

On 8/24/05, Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a 3.0 application I made use of some OgnlUtils API.   The class
> appears to be gone in 4.0.
>
> Is there a suggested 4.0 replacement for the following:
>
> OgnlUtils.getParsedExpression(property);
>
> Thanks!
> Eric

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: OgnlUtils? 4.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest looking at the simpler PropertyUtils class in HiveMind
to change this code. OGNL is overkill when the most you will ever do
is read a property.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: OgnlUtils? 4.0

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Howard,

Re: OgnlUtils? 4.0

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I have a case that would need OgnlUtils like functionality in Tap 4.0.

We have a non visual component that is embeded into  loops . That
component evaluates a user supplied expression on a user supplied root
object when it's called upon to render (but not rewind). It uses
OgnlUtils.

Geoff

On 8/24/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, you'll need to inject the tapestry.ognl.ExpressionCache service.
>
> However, given that expression caching is built into the
> tapestry.ognl.ExpressionEvaluator, service don't see why you would
> need to get parsed expressions.
>
> On 8/24/05, Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In a 3.0 application I made use of some OgnlUtils API.   The class
> > appears to be gone in 4.0.
> >
> > Is there a suggested 4.0 replacement for the following:
> >
> > OgnlUtils.getParsedExpression(property);
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Eric

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry