Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/25 02:00:40 UTC

Re: [VFS] test cases using embeded server - was Moving out the sandbox ?

> But sshtools are commercial now and it looks like the LGPL version is no
> longer under development.
Well, it's no longer under development from the side of those who made
the first version. Only the second version is commercial. This doesn't
mean that the project is closed and no one can contribute. Good things
don't need bug fixes every week :).

> What advantages might a VFS user have if we use j2ssh? I found jsch very
> useage, though I have to admit I never used another package.
J2ssh is very clean and easy to understand. It has a CVS repository and
one can track the entire activity and changes.
It's very easy to debug and the handling of protocol exceptions/errors
is clear and clean.
Even if Jsch is "still" under development, it has none of the above
advantages IMHO. The author did a great job with Jsch, but still ...

I used both, and other commercial versions, but j2ssh was the best for
me, or maybe the authors were thinking exactly like me so the API was
very "at hand" :) for me.
Last month we finished some sort of "simple VPN" for one of our
customers, and only j2ssh saved my day.
Not trying to convince someone, but without j2ssh I were in big shi..
:), cause our manager(as usual :) ) promised unrealistic features to the
customer :).

Ahmed.