Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2001/09/19 20:44:05 UTC

[XERCES2]: v1 moved to a branch

Hi folks,

For anyone who's interested, I've just finished moving the contents of the
org.apache.xerces.impl.v1 package (and its subpackages) onto a branch.  The
name of the branch is "xerces_j_2_v1'.  If you want to check it out, you'll
want some variant of

     cvs checkout -r xerces_j_2_v1 xml-xerces/java

It's also important to remember that because of how CVS works, unless
someone actively propagates all the main line changes on to this branch,
they won't get propagated.  So anyone who uses this branch will want to be
careful about using stale code.  I have a feeling that people making
repairs on the trunk won't necessarily be scrupulous about propagating the
changes to this new branch...

And just so no one's surprised:  when you check out the main trunk now you
will no longer get anything in this package.

Enjoy!
Neil

Neil Graham
XML Parser Development