Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> on 2006/10/17 16:35:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SDO Milestone 2

Please vote to approve the release SDO Java Milestone 2:
The release candidate is available at
http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/RC5/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ekelvingoodson/sdo_java/RC5/>
(It is identical to RC4 except for a tiny typo fix in the BUILDING.txt file
for the implementation source distribution)
It was produced from source code at the following tagged locations ...

the SDO 2.0.1 spec source is tagged at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/spec/sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/

and the implementation is tagged at
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejboynes/rat/tuscany-M2/buildtools-M2.rat>
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/

The binary artifacts have been deployed to the apache incubator maven
repository and can be found at ...

the spec artifacts
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/commonj/sdo-api-r2.0.1/1.0-incubator-M2/

the implementation parent pom artifacts
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/tuscany-sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/

the sdo api implementation artifacts
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/tuscany-sdo-impl/1.0-incubator-M2/

the maven sdo plugin artifacts
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/tuscany-sdo-plugin/1.0-incubator-M2/

the sdo tooling artifacts
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/tuscany-sdo-tools/1.0-incubator-M2/

The public key for verifying all these artifacts is contained in the file at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/KEYS

<http://people.apache.org/%7Ekelvingoodson/sdo_java/RC5/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SDO Milestone 2

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
With 6+1s (1 non-binding) and no -1s I will take this vote forward to the
IPMC.  I propose to deal with the slip I made with the missing Javadoc in
RC5a's sample source distro by taking forward RC5a with the sample source
distro substituted with that from RC5.  Since there are no binary artifacts
in the sample source distro this is a risk free and easily verified step.

Regards, Kelvin.

Re: Distros, was: Release Tuscany Java SDO Milestone 2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I guess I disagree, I think it is really nice to include at least some
pre-built samples with a binary distribution. You download and install the
thing and there's some sample that you can run that just works out of the
box with no messing about. Lots of projects do this, I think its really
helpful. You get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done it right and from
then on you can base new stuff on the what you know works and when something
stops working go back and see whats different. People deploying something
into a production environment are likely savvy enough to be able to delete
some samples from a distro where as complete newbies may struggle to build
things from src with ant or maven right from the first minute. Also right
now we've probably not so many people deploying this into production ;) When
thats more likely we could have several distro's aimed at different types of
users.

   ...ant

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Actually, reading Ant's note again and my reply, a minor corection ---  I
had  a separate  samples distribution in RC2,  but it had its binary
dependencies included. The result of the discussion following that release
candidate is what we have now.

Regards, Kelvin.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I seem to have inadvertantly disenfranchised myself  ;-)   here's my +1

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Thanks Kelvin, that cleared up my issue: +1
--
Jeremy

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
+1. Looks good to me

On 23/10/06, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1.

Pete

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SDO Milestone 2

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1 for me, but I think that you should also throw the sample JavaDoc into
the binary distribution of the final drop.

Frank.