Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2016/10/21 08:02:11 UTC

Felix Security and needed releases

In order to be able to use security with Felix, we would need a release of
the framework (FELIX-5384) and configadmin (FELIX-5385).
I don't think there should be any problem for the framework, but config
admin has been added some R7 support, so I'm not sure of the state.  An
alternative would be to create a branch and backport the fix.  And btw, I
can't really build configadmin without hacking some stuff to disable the
animal sniffer plugin.
Any takers to do the releases ?

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Felix Security and needed releases

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

> Guillaume Nodet wrote
> > In order to be able to use security with Felix, we would need a release
> of
> > the framework (FELIX-5384) and configadmin (FELIX-5385).
> > I don't think there should be any problem for the framework, but config
> > admin has been added some R7 support, so I'm not sure of the state.  An
> > alternative would be to create a branch and backport the fix.  And btw, I
> > can't really build configadmin without hacking some stuff to disable the
> > animal sniffer plugin.
>
> True, we can't release configadmin atm - I started the R7 work there and
> until R7 is final, we should not do a release with unreleased official
> API. The best is to create a branch.
>
> What exactly does not work with respect to the animal sniffer plugin for
> you? It works for me.

I had a problem with the maven ant-run-plugin barfing it could not find any
scripting library or something like that during the
set-bundle-required-execution-environment.  Though I just found the problem
: it's happening when building with JDK9 (which I had configured in my
shell session for some reason).  Ideally, we'd reject such configuration
using the enforcer plugin...

> For the config admin release, I'm waiting for feedback from Ray for
> FELIX-5368 as I really would like to get a fix for that in as well.
>
> > Any takers to do the releases ?
> >
> I think I can have a look at the configadmin release in the next days,
> probably next week.

Awesome, thx !

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
I can do the framework release today. I was planning to do it anyhow
because of the URLHandler fixes.

regards,

Karl

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> wrote:

> In order to be able to use security with Felix, we would need a release of
> the framework (FELIX-5384) and configadmin (FELIX-5385).
> I don't think there should be any problem for the framework, but config
> admin has been added some R7 support, so I'm not sure of the state.  An
> alternative would be to create a branch and backport the fix.  And btw, I
> can't really build configadmin without hacking some stuff to disable the
> animal sniffer plugin.
> Any takers to do the releases ?
>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Red Hat, Open Source Integration
>
> Email: gnodet@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Felix Security and needed releases

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote
> In order to be able to use security with Felix, we would need a release of
> the framework (FELIX-5384) and configadmin (FELIX-5385).
> I don't think there should be any problem for the framework, but config
> admin has been added some R7 support, so I'm not sure of the state.  An
> alternative would be to create a branch and backport the fix.  And btw, I
> can't really build configadmin without hacking some stuff to disable the
> animal sniffer plugin.
> Any takers to do the releases ?

I've now created a configadmin-1.8.x branch and ported all changes back
to that branch. It would be great if someone can verify that I did not
forgot important stuff.

I'll cut the release early next week

Regards

Carsten