Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2004/07/01 16:56:10 UTC

[chain] Deploying new website

I moved the chain cvs from sandbox to commons proper (long story) and have
updated the build and doc files such that the website builds and is ready
for deployment.  I have not modified the site source for the jakarta
website pending deployment of the new chain site.

Should I manually deploy the website and if so, what does this involve?

Thanks.

Don

Re: [chain] Deploying new website

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> From: "David Graham" <gr...@yahoo.com>
>>--- Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
>>>I moved the chain cvs from sandbox to commons proper (long story) and
>>>have
>>>updated the build and doc files such that the website builds and is
>>>ready
>>>for deployment.  I have not modified the site source for the jakarta
>>>website pending deployment of the new chain site.
>>>
>>>Should I manually deploy the website and if so, what does this involve?
>>
>>I don't know of any other way than manual.  I just log into cvs.apache.org
>>and navigate to /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/chain (not sure if that's
>>exactly the right path), tar up the existing site, untar the new site into
>>that directory and you're done.  If anything goes wrong I just untar the
>>old version.  The site is built with 'maven clean site'.
>

> maven clean site
> check the website
> maven site:sshdeploy
>
> The last line should install the new website on the server.
> Stephen

Or, you could ssh into Apache first, then build the site and just do
site:deploy.
I prefer this way, to save bandwidth and speed things up a bit, but
it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Re: [chain] Deploying new website

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: "David Graham" <gr...@yahoo.com>

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> I moved the chain cvs from sandbox to commons proper (long story) and
> have
> updated the build and doc files such that the website builds and is
> ready
> for deployment.  I have not modified the site source for the jakarta
> website pending deployment of the new chain site.
>
> Should I manually deploy the website and if so, what does this involve?

I don't know of any other way than manual.  I just log into cvs.apache.org
and navigate to /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/chain (not sure if that's
exactly the right path), tar up the existing site, untar the new site into
that directory and you're done.  If anything goes wrong I just untar the
old version.  The site is built with 'maven clean site'.

Hope that helps,
David