Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2018/02/21 19:46:16 UTC

Re: Apache Oltu - time for the Attic?

(Note mixed private/public lists cc += board@)

Please note that the board is putting a formal resolution on our next
month's board meeting (21-March) to move the Oltu project to the Apache
Attic.  This is due to the low activity and lack of sufficient PMC
oversight on a regular basis to maintain the project properly.

Thanks to PMC members who have responded to board questions about this.

* What This Means:

- Shortly after 21-March the Apache Attic PMC will start turning all
resources for the Oltu project to be read-only.

- The Attic will then place a marker on the top of all oltu.apache.org
web pages noting they're read only and retired.

- All code, past mailing lists, wikis, etc. will still be at the same
URLs, but all read-only (i.e. no new emails, no code commits).

This means that the world is free to continue to use all oltu code and
resources under the Apache license, but the ASF and the project won't be
doing any further development here.  The ASF will maintain all the
existing URLs, so that people can still rely on them.

Does that make sense?

Thanks to the Oltu committers for all their work in the past!

--

- Shane
  Director, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Apache Oltu - time for the Attic?