Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by N-Limits | Zentrale <in...@nlimits.de> on 2013/06/27 13:33:23 UTC

Open Office Tutorials

Dear Open-Office-Team,

is it allowed to make tutorials of open office? If yes, what is important to
know, or where we get permission / approval from?

The tutorials are commercially available in the senses, as they are supposed
to be set and monetization on Youtube.

A timely feedback, we would be delighted

Best Regards from Germany

Tobias Neumann

Re: Open Office Tutorials

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM, N-Limits | Zentrale <in...@nlimits.de> wrote:
> Dear Open-Office-Team,
>
> is it allowed to make tutorials of open office? If yes, what is important to
> know, or where we get permission / approval from?
>
> The tutorials are commercially available in the senses, as they are supposed
> to be set and monetization on Youtube.

Hello Tobias,

If you are writing original tutorials about OpenOffice then you do not
require any special permission from us.

But three things you should keep in mind:

1) If the tutorials are published in a book or website or on CD, or
something else with a title or a cover page, be sure to follow our
trademark rules:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#booktitle

2) If you reuse material from our website, such as content from other
tutorials, then you should follow the requirements of whatever license
is stated for that material.  For example, some of the material we
have on the website is under a Creative Commons license.

3) When you have something completed, let us know and we can add it to
our list of books:

http://www.openoffice.org/support/books.html

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Open Office Tutorials

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
I am copying your message to the doc list (doc@openoffice.apache.org)
and hopefully Alexandro or Ricardo will provide a bit more guidance on
this.

In the meantime, consider subscribing to the doc mailing and creating an
account here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos

--
Andrew Pitonyak