Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hal Vaughan <ha...@thresholddigital.com> on 2006/06/09 18:36:31 UTC

Two Different "Sections" In One Repository -- Possible?

This is probably something so obvious I'm missing it.

I have one master directory and a number of directories within that,
most of which I don't want in my SVN repository.  I have two
directories, though, that I want in the same repository so their
versions are kept in sync, both my bin and PerlMods directories.

How do I specify to SVN to create a repository with both those
subdirectories, but no other directories within that main directory?

Thanks.

Hal

Re: Two Different "Sections" In One Repository -- Possible?

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Hal Vaughan wrote:
> This is probably something so obvious I'm missing it.
>
> I have one master directory and a number of directories within that,
> most of which I don't want in my SVN repository.  I have two
> directories, though, that I want in the same repository so their
> versions are kept in sync, both my bin and PerlMods directories.
>
> How do I specify to SVN to create a repository with both those
> subdirectories, but no other directories within that main directory?

Why not use "external" for your master directory to get the 2 subdirectories
from another, shared location?