Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/15 23:19:09 UTC

Error Occurred When Using JSP Expression Inside the Struts Tag

I am using the Struts framework. I have a JSP where a
collection of JavaBeans are received in a request
scope.

code:

<%Collection threadRows = ( Collection
)request.getAttribute( "ThreadBeans" );%>

Each of the JavaBeans, which I name it as ThreadBean,
has a number of properties. In the beginning of my JSP
and right after the <%@ page
import="org.MyOrg.MyProj.message.ThreadBean" %>, I
have

code:

<bean:define id="threadbean" name="ThreadBean"
type="org.apache.artimus.message.ThreadBean"
scope="request" />

I iterate through the collection using the <c:forEach
....> tag:

code:

<c:forEach id="threadBean" items="${threadRows}"
varStatus="idx">
   <c:choose>
      <c:when test="${(idx.count+1)%2==0}">
      </c:when>
      <c:otherwise>
      </c:otherwise>
   </c:choose>
value="{threadBean.threadID}" />">
        <B>
        <%=SiteUtil.filter( threadBean.getPostTopic(),
false/*html*/, true/*emotion*/, false/*mvnCode*/,
false/*newLine*/, false/*URL*/ )%>
        </B>
        </a>
        <c:out value="${threadBean.sender}" />
value="{threadBean.threadReplyCount}" /></td>
value="{threadBean.threadViewCount}" /></td>
        by <c:out
value="${threadBean.lastPostMemberName}" />
</c:forEach>

I have an expression inside the <c:forEach .... >;
tag. In that expression, I am calling the 'filter'
method of another class SiteUtil.java (this class is
also imported to my JSP). I have to pass one of the
properties of the ThreadBean as a parameter to that
'filter' method; i.e. threadBean.getPostTopic(). And
it is an error. My JSP cannot be compiled because of
it.

-Caroline