Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> on 2022/03/07 15:34:31 UTC

Enable Web Analytics with Matomo?

Hi,
Recently ASF set up a hosted instance of Matomo providing web analytics for ASF project’s websites [1].
WDYT about enabling web analytics with Matomo to learn more about our visitors?
That would require including some Javascript similar to what was done for Maven recently in [2] to our JBake templates.
In addition we would need to link the ASF Privacy Policy [3].

IMHO that would allow us to gather some interesting statistics and as it this seems to comply with GDPR regulations pretty well and removal requests would be handled by Apache IIUC.

WDYT?
Konrad

[1] - https://privacy.apache.org/faq/committers.html
[2] - https://github.com/apache/maven-parent/commit/0dd3a29f04020d1f1acd14d3721f0b95d43caea0
[3] - https://privacy.apache.org/policies/privacy-policy-public.html

Re: Enable Web Analytics with Matomo?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Le lun. 7 mars 2022 à 16:34, Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> a écrit :
>... WDYT about enabling web analytics with Matomo to learn more about our visitors?..

I'm +0, meaning If someone wants to do the work I'm all for it.

-Bertrand

Re: Enable Web Analytics with Matomo?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2022-03-10 at 13:58 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> At least the high-level dashboard doesn’t require any login:
> https://matomo.privacy.apache.org/ <
> https://matomo.privacy.apache.org/>
> I don’t know which additional info is exposed if you have an account
> TBH.

Got it, thanks.

Robert

Re: Enable Web Analytics with Matomo?