Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Craig Dayton <ca...@starband.net> on 2004/03/17 06:43:30 UTC

Unable to verify Apache::ASP working on Win32

Hi All,

I just installed Apache/2.0.48(W2K Server Dual Proc)mod_perl/1.99_13
Perl/v5.8.0.
Perl existed prior to all the new Apache modules being installed.

Apache was installed using .msi binary.
Mod_Perl was installed using ppm from TheoryX5.
Apache::ASP (2.57) was installed from CPAN mirror.

Mod_Perl is functioning correctly or at least the /perl/printenv.pl is
displaying the environmental variables in the browser.  The Apache manual
and ASP manual links are displaying.

The Apache::ASP documentation indicates to copy the /asp... From the build
directory to the document root and to add directives to the file httpd.conf
(shown below).

Accessing http://localhost/asp/eg is just displaying:
#!/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/asp-perl
[0]%>>   ([0]%>>source)

I know the shebang line doesn't match the host type but I not sure if it
real matters.  According the the FAQ, its likely that Apache::ASP is not
enable, but extra.pl should be loading the Apache modules.  Anyway, the FAQ
leads me back to doing the same things again and I didn't see any solutions
in the archives.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?  I'm in the process of reading
Practical Mod_Perl, so answer may reveal itself, but the book mainly deals
with the 1.x verion of Mod_Perl.

Thanks, Craig

P.S. Why can't I find any references in the documentation for the perl
directives like 'PerlRequire'.  The Perl directives are missing from my
documentation.

PerlRequire "E:/Apache/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"

<Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg >
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Alias /perl/ "/Apache/Apache2/perl/"
<Location /perl>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
	Options +ExecCGI
	PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Location>

RE: Unable to verify Apache::ASP working on Win32

Posted by Craig Dayton <ca...@starband.net>.
Thanks, Josh.

I was under the wrong assumption that $Document_Root was a magic variable
that was getting set based on the 'DOCUMENTROOT' directive.

-Craig

 From http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start you need to add:

   <Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg >
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride All
   </Directory>

to your httpd.conf.  This will enable the .htaccess file in /asp/eg that has
the relevant configuration params.  If there isn't the .htaccess file, you
have a problem.

You said you added this...

> <Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg >
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>

But $DOCUMENT_ROOT needs to be a real file path to your Apache DocumentRoot
that you copied the files to.  Its probably something like c:/Apache/htdocs
or some such, so the real final path might be c:/Apache/htdocs/asp/eg

Regards,

Josh

Re: Unable to verify Apache::ASP working on Win32

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

 From http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start you need to add: