Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/16 02:04:08 UTC

Excludes patterns in web.xml

I was looking at web.xml and it has the following:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>excludePatterns</param-name>

<param-value>/partials/.+,/libs/.+,/css/.+,/js/.+,/img/.+,/templates/.+</param-value>
    </init-param>

The point is to skip over static resources, most of which makes sense but
what is */templates/.+*

I built and deployed and checked and it's not a directory we create. It got
renamed from /tpl/.+ by Jan, in 280f67927e7590c40b1d5f2960b9c6c7d21d6b5c
but nothing in that commit seems to refer to it. In prior versions right up
to the introduction of this list of excludes its /tpl/.+ but even checking
out those versions I can't find any dir or file that could match /tpl/.+
there either.

Any1 know why we're carrying this additional regex?

-Gus

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)

Re: Excludes patterns in web.xml

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I vaguely recall it and I believe it refers to our old Admin UI. If we don't have a tempaltes/ folder anymore then it can be removed I guess.

Jan