Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ralf Fischer <th...@googlemail.com> on 2007/08/07 16:49:01 UTC

[Axis2] Wrap EJB3 w/ Axis

Hello,

I've the following question, as I don't find any information on this
on ws.apache.org. I have a bunch of EJB3 SLSB and have to expose some
of them as a web service. I wanted to use the neat EJBxxxReceiver
feature from Axis2 (version 1.2) to do so, but even the EJB Provider
Guide [1] doesn't mention the EJB version, although the examples are
clearly EJB2.

Does Axis2 work with EJB3 at all? Better: Is this supported or have I
just missed the switch somewhere?

After some debugging my guess is there's only support for EJB2, as in
Class EJBUtil.java:156 I found the following lines:

| Object ehome = javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ejbHome, cls);
|
| // Invoke the create method of the ejbHome class without actually
| // touching any EJB classes (i.e. no cast to EJBHome)
| Method createMethod = cls.getMethod("create", empty_class_array);
|
| return createMethod.invoke(ehome, empty_object_array);

So AFAIK the create method is no longer mandatory in EJB3 as you might
want to use the appropriate Annotations.

Will there be support for EJB3 in Axis[2] anytime soon?

Cheers,
-Ralf

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/ejb-provider.html