Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jerry Stratton <ns...@hoboes.com> on 1998/03/30 20:25:33 UTC

general/2018: QUERY_STRING parses %xx in SSI

>Number:         2018
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       QUERY_STRING parses %xx in SSI
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When cgis are called as SSI (exec cgi), or when ENVs are accessed via SSI (echo), QUERY_STRING and QUERY_STRING_UNESCAPED have %xx converted to their respective characters.

As a side note, include virtual loses QUERY_STRING entirely, although it does have QUERY_STRING_UNESCAPED.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/test.shtml?God=Excitable%20Boy&Bob=John%20Wesley

   will show all the ways that SSIs have the % characters parsed

http://www.hoboes.com/cgi-bin/Test.cgi?God=Excitable%20Boy&Bob=John%20Wesley

   will show the same cgi directly, with % characters not parsed, which I assume is the way it is supposed to be.