Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Alexander Burkov <al...@list.ru> on 2009/10/14 16:30:18 UTC

CXF configuration searching

Why file with CXF configuration should be obligatory pointed (directly by
sysproperty "cxf.config.file" or indirectly by name "cxf.xml")? Why can't
CXF config be added to any my Spring context file (like "Bus
configuration")?

Re: CXF configuration searching

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed October 14 2009 10:30:18 am Alexander Burkov wrote:
> Why file with CXF configuration should be obligatory pointed (directly by
> sysproperty "cxf.config.file" or indirectly by name "cxf.xml")? Why can't
> CXF config be added to any my Spring context file (like "Bus
> configuration")?

If you are already using Spring and a Spring ApplicationContext of some sort,
you can put it in your own context.   You will need to "import" the various
META-INF/cxf/cxf*.xml things that you need, but that all will work fine.

The "cxf.config.file"/"cxf.xml" stuff is mostly for when you are writing "pure
jaxws" applications or similar that wouldn't be dealing with Spring directly.
In that case, we need to have some way of finding your config file that we
then add into the ApplicationContext that we create internally.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org