Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Corin Moss <co...@eunomia.co.nz> on 2005/04/13 19:47:00 UTC

Factory is not set on the JXPathContext when adding to a bound collection

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to bind a fairly simple object collection (set)
using a repeater.  The set originates from Hibernate, the set consists
of x number of objects.  The loading binding works perfectly,and I can
save the bean back, however when I try to create a new one I get the
following error:

Factory is not set on the JXPathContext - cannot create
path: /timeslotSet[3]

I'm a little confused as to why it wants to create a new timeslotSet - I
expected it to try and create a new timeslot as a member of the
timeslotSet set.

I saw a few mentions of this error, but not within repeaters bound to
beans.

The binding fragment is below:

 <fb:repeater id="timeslots"
               parent-path="."
               row-path="timeslotSet"

	<fb:identity>
		<fb:value id="id" path="id" />
	</fb:identity>

    <fb:on-bind>
     	<fb:value id="time" path="timeslotTime"/>
      	<fb:value id="date" path="timeslotDate"/>.
		<fb:value id="channel_id" path="channel/id"/>
		<fb:value id="programme_id" path="programme/id"/>
    </fb:on-bind>

	<fb:on-insert-row>
      <fb:insert-bean
        classname="nz.co.eunomia.Timeslot"
        addmethod="addToTimeslotSet"/>
	</fb:on-insert-row>

    <fb:on-delete-row>
      <fb:delete-node/>
    </fb:on-delete-row>

 </fb:repeater>

As you can see it's very simple.

Can anyone see anything I'm doing wrong? Or another way to accomplish
the same thing?

Thanks,

Corin