Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 16:22:16 UTC

JavaHL Test failures

I have not run JavaHL tests recently and I do not know if anyone else
does either.  I just ran them on Windows and got these two failures.
I wonder if the tests just need to be updated based on changes Paul
Burba made recently?

Does anyone else get these?

There were 2 failures:
1) testMergeInfoRetrieval(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)junit.framewor
k.ComparisonFailure: Unexpected first revision range for '/A/mu' on 'C:\svn\src-
trunk\Release\working_copies\basic_test32\branches\A\mu' expected:<1...> but was
:<0...>
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.acquireMergeInfoAndAssertEqua
ls(BasicTests.java:2121)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testMergeInfoRetrieval(BasicT
ests.java:2092)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
2) testBasicMerge(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)junit.framework.Assert
ionFailedError: Notification of beginning of merge reported incorrect start revi
sion expected:<3> but was:<2>
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testBasicMerge(BasicTests.jav
a:2191)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

RE: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Paul Burba <pb...@collab.net>.

Mark,

Fixed these two failures in r26516 and r26530.  All JavaHL tests now
passing for me on Win32, let me know if you are still getting any
errors/failures.

Re: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Paul Burba <pb...@collab.net>.

Paul

Re: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/07, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Fixed the tests in r25996.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > P.S. I assume you would have mentioned this had you seen them, but are
> > you getting any JavaHL errors like this?
> >
> > C:\SVN\src-trunk>java -cp
> > C:\SVN\src-trunk\subversion\bindings\javahl\classes;"C:\Program
> > Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\lib\ext\junit.jar" org.tigris.subversion.
> > javahl.RunTests
> > .............E.E...........................
> > Time: 572.469
> > There were 2 errors:
> > 1)
> > testCopy(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.j
> > avahl.ClientException: Entry has no URL
> > svn: 'C:\SVN\src-trunk\working_copies\basic_test10\A\B\F\alpha' has no
> > URL
> >
> >         at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native
> > Method)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNClie
> > ntSynchronized.java:2170)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(BasicTe
> > sts.java:853)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testCopy(BasicTests.java:792)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
> > 2)
> > testMove(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.j
> > avahl.ClientException: Entry has no URL
> > svn: 'C:\SVN\src-trunk\working_copies\basic_test11\A\B\F\alpha' has no
> > URL
> >
> >         at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native
> > Method)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNClie
> > ntSynchronized.java:2170)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(BasicTe
> > sts.java:853)
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testMove(BasicTests.java:836)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
> >
> > FAILURES!!!
> > Tests run: 44,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 2
>
> Interesting.  Those looks like real errors.  I used to always get two
> errors, so I just tend to ignore them.  In my case, the errors were
> always with a file in .svn folder being locked.  I was told to ignore
> the problems since it is likely caused by A/V or TortoiseSVN or
> something.
>
> I will run the tests again and look closer.

So here are the two errors I get, same ones I have always got:
There were 2 errors:
1) testCopy(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.javahl
.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.

        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native Method)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNC
lientSynchronized.java:2170)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(Basi
cTests.java:853)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testCopy(BasicTests.java:792)

        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
2) testMove(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.javahl

Re: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: JavaHL Test failures

Posted by Paul Burba <pb...@collab.net>.

[...]