Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 00:20:12 UTC

Tapestry5-JQuery Integration and tapestry-beanvalidator

Hi all

I recently integrated my tapestry5 (5.2.5) application with the latest
got5-jquery library (2.1.1)

And I have the following error just entering to an empty page:

Tapestry.Validator is undefined
---> Tapestry.Validator.notnull = function(field, message, spec)
(tapestry-validator.js line 15) from tapestry-beanvalidator-5.2.5.jar

Is there any incompatibility between tapestry-beanvalidator and
tapestry-jquery? Or am I loosing something?

Regards,
Matias.

Re: Tapestry5-JQuery Integration and tapestry-beanvalidator

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
The form component has a clientValidation parameter.

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
The Class you use is Prototype specific.
As long as tapestry5-jquery removes Prototype, you can't use it anymore.
jQuery prefers to use plugins -> http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Authoring
or widgets (which is a pattern used by jquery ui, also included in
tapestry5-jquery) -> http://jqueryui.com/docs/Developer_Guide

Posted by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Yes! It worked fine!! Thank all you very much!

Now I am migrating a lot of prototype-like scripts to jquery api.

I will back to you with my experience!

Regards,

Matías.

Hi Matias,

Have you tested the solution, provided by Clément on Github ?

Thanks

Emmanuel
Saludos,
Matias.

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matias,

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
My bad... I think it should be ok now.

Posted by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clément,

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
You're welcome.

Posted by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Its me again...

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
(configuration.add(SymbolConstants.FORM_CLIENT_LOGIC_ENABLED, "false");
within the contributeApplicationDefaults method)

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matias Blasi <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clément Uster <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matias,