Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Douglas L Stewart <do...@pobox.com> on 2003/04/16 20:32:44 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_jk2 compilation

I'm trying to get jk2 2.0.2 compiled for Apache 2.0.45 and Tomcat
4.1.24.  I'm on Solaris 8 with GCC 3.2.2 I've installed Apache and
Tomcat and have them working.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to get
jk2 compiled and integrated.

It looks like all the support Tomcat needs for jk is already included
in the Tomcat distribution: There is a server/lib/tomcat-jk2.jar file.

For Apache it looks like it is necessary to compile the code in the
jk2 2.0.2 bundle to get a mod_jk2.so.  Here's where I'm running into
trouble.  I wasn't having any luck with ant, so I tried to use the
configure file in jk/native2.

Unfortunately the configure file seems to have this contradiction:

          if ${TEST} ! -d ${tempval} ; then
            { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: Not a directory:
${tempval}" >&5
echo "$as_me: error: Not a directory: ${tempval}" >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
          fi

          if ${TEST} ! -f ${tempval}/; then
            { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: can't locate ${tempval}/"
>&5
echo "$as_me: error: can't locate ${tempval}/" >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
          fi

Here it's looking for the Apache2 directory.  For some reason it seems
to want it to be both a file and a directory in those two statements,
so the configure bombs.

Has anyone had any better luck with jk2?  Anyone know a mailing list
for it?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_jk2 compilation

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Douglas L Stewart wrote:

> I'm trying to get jk2 2.0.2 compiled for Apache 2.0.45 and Tomcat
> 4.1.24.  I'm on Solaris 8 with GCC 3.2.2 I've installed Apache and
> Tomcat and have them working.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to get
> jk2 compiled and integrated.
>
> to want it to be both a file and a directory in those two statements,
> so the configure bombs.
>
> Has anyone had any better luck with jk2?  Anyone know a mailing list
> for it?

I just got jk2 setup and running on my system. You coulg check out the
tomcat-users mail list but here is what I did.

I could not get ant to work either.

in the jk/native2 directory

unset APACHE_HOME

run buildconf.sh

./configure --with-apxs2=/opt/apache2.0.45/bin/apxs \
--enable-jni \
--with-tomcat40=/opt/tomcat-4.0.4 \
--with-tomcat41=/opt/tomcat-4.1.24

make

copy ../jk/build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.so to /opt/apache2.0.45/modules

add to httpd.conf:

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

create <apache home>/conf/workers2/properties

#---- Start of workers2.properties

# workers2.properties
#The SHM mapping is required
[shm]
    file=${serverRoot}/logs/shm.file
    size=1048576

# Example TCP/IP socket channel, explicitly set port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
    port=8009
    host=127.0.0.1

# Example UNIX domain IPC socket
[channel.un:/opt/tomcat-3.1.24/work/jk2.socket]
    tomcatId=localhost:8009
    debug=0

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
# To use the UNIX domain IPC socket comment out the TCP/IP socket line,
and uncomment the one below
#    channel=channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket

# To use the TCP/IP socket instead, just comment out the above UNIX IPC
line (above), and
# uncomment the one below
    channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

# Announce a "status" worker
[status:status]

# Uri mapping
[uri:/examples/*]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
#    worker=ajp13:/opt/tomcat-4.1.24/work/jk2.socket

[uri:/status/*]
    worker=status:status

#---- end of workers2.properties

use the default <tomcat home>/conf/jk2.propertoies

restart tomcat ; restart apache

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services