Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/14 18:54:35 UTC

Re: HTTP Request Serialization

[This question and the answers really belong on the JMeter User list,
not the developers list., so I've added the User list. Please remove
the Developer list when replying further.]

===

If there's only one servlet with a single URL, then this is trivial -
just write the parameters to a file, and use _StringFromFile() [and
perhaps __spli()] or __CSVRead() to extract the parameters into
variables that are passed into the Sampler.

Even for multiple URLs, this is still easy, as variables can be used
in the HTTP Sampler to provide the URL Path etc.

You just need to create a simple test plan with the appropriate fields
replaced by variables.

Try it with a few simple examples, and it will then be clear how best
to collect the data.

See also:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ
Items 7 and 8