Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Avinash Sridhar <sm...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/02/10 15:10:15 UTC

Help!!! How to get a simple jsp page working

hi,
   I am usng Tomcat 5.0.16 And facing the below mentioned problem

I have a directory by name "sampleapp",now I have made a directory named "ROOT" inside the sampleapp directory.
I have written a simple "MyJsp.jsp" jsp file and placed it in the above mentioned "ROOT" ,now my question is

How does one write the <Context> </Context> for this JSP page in the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.

<Context path="/sampleapp" docBase="e:/sampleapp/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context> Is this the right way?????????????????

Kindly let me know

Thanking you
AS

Re: Help!!! How to get a simple jsp page working

Posted by De Toffoli Garry <g....@telemar.it>.
Avinash Sridhar ha scritto:

>hi,
>   I am usng Tomcat 5.0.16 And facing the below mentioned problem
>
>I have a directory by name "sampleapp",now I have made a directory named "ROOT" inside the sampleapp directory.
>I have written a simple "MyJsp.jsp" jsp file and placed it in the above mentioned "ROOT" ,now my question is
>
>How does one write the <Context> </Context> for this JSP page in the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.
>
><Context path="/sampleapp" docBase="e:/sampleapp/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true">
></Context> Is this the right way?????????????????
>

>Kindly let me know
>
>Thanking you
>AS

Yes, your example would be ok.

But I write the context file under tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost, as
the example present on tomcat.

Best regards.