Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2017/01/07 00:06:08 UTC

Tagging update for 2.2.32

Folks,

Since there are many fewer pairs of eyeballs on this branch, I've completed
builds across Linux, Windows, Solaris and HPUX (and trying to salvage my
AIX environment that went sideways).  One of my $dayjob teammates offered
to jump in, so he's been able to review 2.2.32-dev plus the following STATUS
proposals across all of those architectures with me today;

PATCHES PROPOSED TO BACKPORT FROM TRUNK:
  [ New proposals should be added at the end of the list ]

  *) mod_proxy: Correctly consider error response codes by the backend when
     processing failonstatus. PR 59869
      Trunk version of patch:
         http://svn.apache.org/r1753592
      Backport version for 2.4.x of patch:
         http://svn.apache.org/r1756562
      Backport version for 2.2.x of patch:
         http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-r1753592.patch
      +1: ylavic, wrowe

  *) mod_proxy_connect: The connect method doesn't work if the client is
     connecting to the apache proxy through an ssl socket. Fixed.
     [Brad Boyer, Mark Cave-Ayland, Julian Gilbey, Fabrice Durand,
     David Gence, Tim Dodge, Per Gunnar Hans, Emmanuel Elango,
     Kevin Croft, Rudolf Cardinal]
     PR: 29744
     Trunk Patch: https://svn.apache.org/r813178
                  https://svn.apache.org/r1642857
                  https://svn.apache.org/r1670324
                  [plus patch and changes noted above]
     This code has evolved in trunk/2.4.x (including fixes) since the original
     commit (r813178 in 2009), specifically r1642857 and r1670324 from 2.4.x.
     2.2.x old r813178 patch:
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=30144
     Delta to proposed patch:
http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/mod_proxy_connect-id30144_vs_r1670324.diff
     2.2.x Proposed Patch:
http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-mod_proxy_connect-transfer.patch
     +1: wrowe, ylavic

  *) mod_proxy: Play/restore the TLS-SNI on new backend connections which
     had to be issued because the remote closed the previous/reusable one
     during idle (keep-alive) time.
     trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1729826
                  http://svn.apache.org/r1729847
                  http://svn.apache.org/r1732986
                  http://svn.apache.org/r1733056
     2.4.x patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1733474
     2.2.x patch:
http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-mod_proxy-SNI_reuse.patch
     +1: ylavic, wrowe

  *) mod_proxy: Use the correct server name for SNI in case the backend
     SSL connection itself is established via a proxy server.  PR 57139
     trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1634120
     2.4.x patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1673941
     2.2.x patch: trunk works (modulo CHANGES)
     +1: ylavic, wrowe

The other proves too much of a moving target to chase it today.

No regressions noted, everything looking good to him. I'd like to put
all these lingering proxy fixes to bed, since they are in 2.4.x, but we
need one more voulenteer/reviewer to make that happen.

In hopes that someone might review this weekend, I'll wait until first
thing Monday to tag and roll, but won't be delaying this any further.
This also gives me a chance to ensure it is building on AIX, once my
build environment is restored.

Bill

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
This was the patch Victor was asking if you would verify...

http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-r1753592.patch

That should be resolving the late declaration bug.

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by NormW <no...@gknw.net>.
G/A

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by NormW <no...@gknw.net>.
G/A

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vi...@alumni.duke.edu>.

--
Victor J. Orlikowski <> victor.j.orlikowski@alumni.duke.edu

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vi...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vi...@alumni.duke.edu>.
On Fri, Jan 06, 2017, at 06:06 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> PATCHES PROPOSED TO BACKPORT FROM TRUNK:
>   [ New proposals should be added at the end of the list ]
>
>   *) mod_proxy: Correctly consider error response codes by the backend when
>      processing failonstatus. PR 59869
>       Trunk version of patch:
>          http://svn.apache.org/r1753592
>       Backport version for 2.4.x of patch:
>          http://svn.apache.org/r1756562
>       Backport version for 2.2.x of patch:
>          http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-r1753592.patch
>       +1: ylavic, wrowe

+1

>   *) mod_proxy_connect: The connect method doesn't work if the client is
>      connecting to the apache proxy through an ssl socket. Fixed.
>      [Brad Boyer, Mark Cave-Ayland, Julian Gilbey, Fabrice Durand,
>      David Gence, Tim Dodge, Per Gunnar Hans, Emmanuel Elango,
>      Kevin Croft, Rudolf Cardinal]
>      PR: 29744
>      Trunk Patch: https://svn.apache.org/r813178
>                   https://svn.apache.org/r1642857
>                   https://svn.apache.org/r1670324
>                   [plus patch and changes noted above]
>      This code has evolved in trunk/2.4.x (including fixes) since the original
>      commit (r813178 in 2009), specifically r1642857 and r1670324 from 2.4.x.
>      2.2.x old r813178 patch:
> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=30144
>      Delta to proposed patch:
> http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/mod_proxy_connect-id30144_vs_r1670324.diff
>      2.2.x Proposed Patch:
> http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-mod_proxy_connect-transfer.patch
>      +1: wrowe, ylavic

Don't have time to fully review at this time.

>   *) mod_proxy: Play/restore the TLS-SNI on new backend connections which
>      had to be issued because the remote closed the previous/reusable one
>      during idle (keep-alive) time.
>      trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1729826
>                   http://svn.apache.org/r1729847
>                   http://svn.apache.org/r1732986
>                   http://svn.apache.org/r1733056
>      2.4.x patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1733474
>      2.2.x patch:
> http://home.apache.org/~ylavic/patches/httpd-2.2.x-mod_proxy-SNI_reuse.patch
>      +1: ylavic, wrowe

+1

>   *) mod_proxy: Use the correct server name for SNI in case the backend
>      SSL connection itself is established via a proxy server.  PR 57139
>      trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1634120
>      2.4.x patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1673941
>      2.2.x patch: trunk works (modulo CHANGES)
>      +1: ylavic, wrowe

+1

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski <> victor.j.orlikowski@alumni.duke.edu

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 7:06 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> In hopes that someone might review this weekend, I'll wait until first
>> thing Monday to tag and roll, but won't be delaying this any further.
>> This also gives me a chance to ensure it is building on AIX, once my
>> build environment is restored.
>
> FWIW AIX build just worked for me. Tests are running (slowly)

tests 100% too.

Re: Tagging update for 2.2.32

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

covener@gmail.com