Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sa...@Dell.com on 2008/09/29 16:56:47 UTC

Error "HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of 'identity' found"

I am getting this error when webservice client is trying to make a call
to the webservice method.  I am using the released version of Axis2
1.4.1.

See stack trace here
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of
'identity' found
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.processResponse(Abstr
actHTTPSender.java:223)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.jav
a:265)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:1
90)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:75)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:371)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:209)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:448)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:401)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:228)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
	at
com.dell.gmfs.backlog.cdas.OrderStatusServiceStub.Extract(OrderStatusSer
viceStub.java:1056)
	at
com.dell.gmfs.backlog.cdas.OrderStatusServiceTest.testExtract(OrderStatu
sServiceTest.java:37)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUn
it3TestReference.java:130)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.ja
va:38)

Please advise what I am doing wrong.

I have tried both XMLbean and databinding approach to generate the
client code.

Thanks
Sangita Pandit
728 1606

Re: Error "HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of 'identity' found"

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Yes. The code for transports is now in commons so its constitutes to a
separate jar. This move was made after the 1,4 release. The next release
will have the transports as a separate jar.

Thanks,
Keith.

Posted by Sa...@Dell.com.

________________________________

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 04:41:31 GMT

5c
[...]

	AxisEngine.java:432)

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 04:41:31 GMT

5c
<ns:echoResponse xmlns:ns="http://ws.apache.org/axis2">
   <return>hi</return></ns:echoResponse>
0

Axis2 was able to accept this response after the change.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/commons/trunk/modules/transport

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM, <Sa...@dell.com> wrote:

>  here is the stace trace for the error
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of
> 'identity' found
>
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.processResponse(
> *AbstractHTTPSender.java:224*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(
> *HTTPSender.java:265*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(
> *HTTPSender.java:190*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(
> *HTTPSender.java:75*)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(
> *CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:370*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(
> *CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:209*)
>

> at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(
> *AxisEngine.java:432*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(
> *OutInAxisOperation.java:401*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(
> *OutInAxisOperation.java:228*)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(
> *OperationClient.java:163*
> )
>
> at com.dell.gmfs.backlog.cdas.OrderStatusServiceStub.extract(
> *OrderStatusServiceStub.java:816*)
>
> at ClientCDAS.multipleParameters(
> *ClientCDAS.java:36*)
>
> at ClientCDAS.main(
> *ClientCDAS.java:14*)
>

> *Sangita Pandit*
> *728 1606*
>

>  ------------------------------

actHTTPSender.java:224)

at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.jav
a:265)

at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:1
90)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:75)

at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:370)

at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:209)

at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:432)

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
RFC2616, section 3.5 says the following about the identity content
encoding: "This content-coding is used only in the Accept-Encoding
header, and SHOULD NOT be used in the Content-Encoding header."
Assuming that the error is triggered by the Content-Encoding header,
the behavior of Axis2 in this particular case seems to be acceptable.

Andreas

On 29 sept. 08, at 19:23, keith chapman wrote:

> I just had a look at the code and it looks like we dont deal with
> identity content encoding (whereas we should). Could you use
> TCPMonitor to trace to request and response please. If you want to
> use the TCPMonitor plugin this how to [1] would help.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith.
>
> [1] http://www.keith-chapman.org/2008/07/using-tcp-monitor-to-debug-web-service.html
>
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM, <Sa...@dell.com> wrote:
> I generated the stubs using the WSDLToJava tool.
>
> Sangita Pandit
> 728 1606

Here is the request and response traces
REQUEST
POST /cdas9.1/orderstatusservices/orderstatusservice.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: cdas.us.dell.com:9747
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

1b6
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <dell:Extract xmlns:dell="http://www.dell.com
<http://www.dell.com/> ">
            <dell:orderNumbers>
               <dell:string>473800708</dell:string>
            </dell:orderNumbers>
            <dell:DOMSLogonId>SYMPHONY</dell:DOMSLogonId>
            <dell:businessUnitID>11</dell:businessUnitID>
            <dell:Customer_language_pref/>
            <dell:rollupPricing/>
         </dell:Extract>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>0

RESPONSE
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:39:41 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
      <soap:Body>
         <ExtractResponse xmlns="http://www.dell.com
<http://www.dell.com/> ">
            <ExtractResult>
               <order>
                  <order_info>
                     <order_num>000000000473800708</order_num>
                     <order_subtotal>000000000721.96</order_subtotal>
                     <order_total>000000000834.18</order_total>
                     <sale_tax>000000000047.22</sale_tax>
                     <margin>          52.37</margin>
                     <order_date>20080926</order_date>
                     <order_status>IP</order_status>
                     <order_source>Z  </order_source>
                     <service_tag />

<sef_fee_total_amount>000000000000.00</sef_fee_total_amount>
                     <routing_pos />
                     <routing_pos_desc />

<assoc_order_num>000000000473800823</assoc_order_num>
                     <assoc_order_code />
                     <software_code />
                     <config_id>000000000</config_id>
                     <hold_reason_code>FS</hold_reason_code>
                     <hold_reason_desc>OP-FINANCIAL SERVICES
</hold_reason_desc>
                     <sku_count>37</sku_count>
                     <customer_service_notes />
                     <consumer_financial_service_notes />
                     <cancel_code />
                     <order_type>I </order_type>
                     <order_guid />
                     <source_type_code>S</source_type_code>
                     <location_num>01</location_num>
                     <invoice_date>010101  </invoice_date>
                     <dps_num>000000000</dps_num>
                     <dps_type />
                     <status_date>080926        </status_date>
                     <hold_date>080926  </hold_date>
                     <pending_production_date>080926
</pending_production_date>
                     <in_production_date>080926  </in_production_date>
                     <mailer_code>WWWEC</mailer_code>
                     <special_instructions />
                     <spin_request_id />
                     <spin_approval_id />
                     <contract_code />
                     <financial_services_comments />

<financial_services_special_instructions>DailyLimit1:$2500
</financial_services_special_instructions>
                     <config_code />
                     <warning />
                     <skus>
                        <sku>
                           <order_group>001</order_group>
                           <tie_num>001</tie_num>
                           <sku_num>223-0592</sku_num>
                           <sku_sys_flag>Y</sku_sys_flag>
                           <quantity>000001</quantity>
                           <description>OptiPlex 755 Minitower,Core 2
Duo E6550/2.33GHz,4M,VT       1333FSB
</description>
                           <unit_price>         721.96</unit_price>

<extended_price>000000000000.00</extended_price>
                           <service_tag />

<compensation_cost_tran_amt>000000000358.20</compensation_cost_tran_amt>
                           <qty_shipped>000000001</qty_shipped>
                           <taxable_flag>Y</taxable_flag>
                           <cfi_num>B6KG04</cfi_num>
                           <destination_code />
                           <item_class>^)</item_class>
                           <sub_class>014</sub_class>
                           <isSkuLevelTax>false</isSkuLevelTax>
                        </sku>
                        <sku>
                           <order_group>001</order_group>
                           <tie_num>001</tie_num>
                           <sku_num>420-3699</sku_num>
                           <sku_sys_flag>N</sku_sys_flag>
                           <quantity>000001</quantity>
                           <description>NTFS File System,Factory
Install
</description>
                           <unit_price />
                           <extended_price />
                           <service_tag />

<compensation_cost_tran_amt>000000000000.00</compensation_cost_tran_amt>
                           <qty_shipped>000000001</qty_shipped>
                           <taxable_flag>N</taxable_flag>
                           <cfi_num>B6KG04</cfi_num>
                           <destination_code />
                           <item_class>SE</item_class>
                           <sub_class>000</sub_class>
                           <isSkuLevelTax>false</isSkuLevelTax>
                        </sku>
                     </skus>
                     <currency_code />
                     <modified_by>DOMS1682    </modified_by>

<modified_date>2008-09-26:14:35:58.140500</modified_date>
                     <order_set_id>000000000473800708</order_set_id>
                     <invoice_code />
                     <dpid>2001427400714</dpid>

<dpid_created_date>2008-09-26:14:18:15.290500</dpid_created_date>

<service_subtotal>000000000233.00</service_subtotal>

<product_subtotal>000000000601.18</product_subtotal>
                     <customer_agreement_id />
                  </order_info>
                  <salesrep_info>

<primary_salesrep_num>000083550</primary_salesrep_num>
                     <primary_salesrep_name>SHAWN GUSMAN
</primary_salesrep_name>
                     <phone>
                        <phone_area_code>800</phone_area_code>
                        <phone_number>5713355</phone_number>
                        <phone_extension>80000   </phone_extension>
                     </phone>
                     <alternate_salesreps />
                  </salesrep_info>
                  <account_executive_info>

<account_executive_num>000000000</account_executive_num>
                     <account_executive_name />
                  </account_executive_info>
                  <quote_info>
                     <quote_num>000451617906</quote_num>
                     <config_type_code>S</config_type_code>
                     <config_source_code>DOM</config_source_code>
                  </quote_info>
                  <customer_info>
                     <customer_num>000091753171</customer_num>
                     <company_num>42</company_num>
                     <original_company_num>42</original_company_num>
                     <addresses>
                        <address>
                           <first_name>PEROT          </first_name>
                           <middle_init />
                           <last_name>SYSTEMS CORP
</last_name>
                           <company_name>PEROT SYSTEMS CORP
</company_name>
                           <address_type>B</address_type>
                           <address_seq_num>000</address_seq_num>
                           <street_address_1>PEROT SYSTEMS CORPORATION
</street_address_1>
                           <street_address_2>PO BOX 269022
</street_address_2>
                           <city>PLANO                         </city>
                           <state>TX   </state>
                           <zip_code>75026</zip_code>
                           <zip_plus4 />
                           <country_code>US</country_code>
                           <phones>
                              <phone>
                                 <phone_type>PHH</phone_type>
                                 <phone_area_code>972</phone_area_code>
                                 <phone_number>5776615</phone_number>
                                 <phone_extension />
                              </phone>
                           </phones>
                        </address>
                        <address>
                           <first_name>JONATHAN       </first_name>
                           <middle_init>N</middle_init>
                           <last_name>MCCALLISTER
</last_name>
                           <company_name>1600 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE
</company_name>
                           <address_type>S</address_type>
                           <address_seq_num>370</address_seq_num>
                           <street_address_1>UNIVERSITY PHYSICIANS &amp;
SURGEO     </street_address_1>
                           <street_address_2>1600 MEDICAL CTR DR
</street_address_2>
                           <city>HUNTINGTON                    </city>
                           <state>WV   </state>
                           <zip_code>25701</zip_code>
                           <zip_plus4 />
                           <country_code>US</country_code>
                           <phones>
                              <phone>
                                 <phone_type>PHH</phone_type>
                                 <phone_area_code>972</phone_area_code>
                                 <phone_number>5775339</phone_number>
                                 <phone_extension />
                              </phone>
                           </phones>
                        </address>
                     </addresses>
                  </customer_info>
                  <payments_info>
                     <payment_info>
                        <po_taxable_flag />
                        <po_num>ARS010000001363               </po_num>
                        <paycodes>
                           <paycode>
                              <code>O   </code>
                              <amount>000000000000.00</amount>
                              <description>CREDIT TERMS   </description>
                           </paycode>
                        </paycodes>
                     </payment_info>
                  </payments_info>
                  <shipping_info>
                     <ship_code>L</ship_code>
                     <ship_charge>000000000065.00</ship_charge>
                     <actual_ship_date />
                     <estimated_ship_date>20081003</estimated_ship_date>
                     <shipping_instructions />
                     <no_ship_charge_flag />
                     <shipping_override_flag>Y</shipping_override_flag>

<special_instructions_flag>N</special_instructions_flag>
                     <international_carrier />
                     <rush_flag>N</rush_flag>
                     <ship_way_bill />
                     <ship_num_of_boxes>00000</ship_num_of_boxes>
                     <ship_weight>00000</ship_weight>
                     <ship_method>LTL 5 DAY OR LE</ship_method>
                     <carrier_name />
                     <carrier_account_num />
                     <carrier_service_level />
                     <revised_estimated_ship_date />

<estimated_delivery_date_min>20081008</estimated_delivery_date_min>

<estimated_delivery_date_max>20081010</estimated_delivery_date_max>
                  </shipping_info>
                  <related_orders_info>
                     <original_orders />
                     <new_orders />