Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ti...@tietoenator.com on 2007/08/13 16:46:13 UTC

V 4.01 for solaris x86

Is it possible to get hold of binaries for Tomcat 4.0 (> 4.04) for
Solaris x86?

I need this for a fairly urgent installation, and am aware that there
are incompatibilities with third party applets we are using and Tomcat
versions older than this.

Thanks.

Tim O'Shea
Technical Manager - Managed Services

TietoEnator

Banking & Insurance (UK)
Direct +44 1582 845111
Mobile +44 7810 374235
Fax +44 1582 866927
E-mail tim.oshea@tietoenator.com <ma...@tietoenator.com>

Gainsborough House, Houghton Hall Park,
Houghton Regis, Beds. LU5 5XF
United Kingdom

www.tietoenator.co.uk

TietoEnator (UK No.1) Limited is a limited company registered in England
& Wales.  Registered number 1454835.  Registered office: Gainsborough
House, Houghton Hall Park, Houghton Regis, Beds.  LU5 5XF.

Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank You

Re: V 4.01 for solaris x86

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/07, Tim.OShea@tietoenator.com <Ti...@tietoenator.com> wrote:

> There is a binary download for sparc here, but not x86.

?? You /do/ know Tomcat is written in Java, yes? :-)

Is there a JVM for Solaris x86? Then you're set.

FWIW!

RE: V 4.01 for solaris x86

Posted by Ti...@tietoenator.com.
Thanks,
There is a binary download for sparc here, but not x86.

Tim O'Shea
Technical Manager - Managed Services

TietoEnator

Banking & Insurance (UK)
Direct +44 1582 845111
Mobile +44 7810 374235
Fax +44 1582 866927
E-mail tim.oshea@tietoenator.com

Gainsborough House, Houghton Hall Park,
Houghton Regis, Beds. LU5 5XF
United Kingdom

www.tietoenator.co.uk

TietoEnator (UK No.1) Limited is a limited company registered in England
& Wales.  Registered number 1454835.  Registered office: Gainsborough
House, Houghton Hall Park, Houghton Regis, Beds.  LU5 5XF.

Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank You

> Is it possible to get hold of binaries for Tomcat 4.0 (> 4.04)

archives: <http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-4/archive/>

HTH,

Re: V 4.01 for solaris x86

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/07, Tim.OShea@tietoenator.com <Ti...@tietoenator.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to get hold of binaries for Tomcat 4.0 (> 4.04)

archives: <http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-4/archive/>

HTH,

RE: V 4.01 for solaris x86

Posted by Ti...@tietoenator.com.
Thanks very much, I'll give it a go.

I am unable to move to something more recent, as the company who
supplied the applets we need to use have identified incompatibilities in
later versions of both java and tomcat, but have not yet addressed them.

Many thanks.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.