Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andrew Barnes <an...@geni.com.au> on 2005/12/06 01:47:16 UTC

[vfs] FTP problems

Hi

I'm trying to use commons-vfs-1.0-RC6 to list files in a directory on an FTP
server. The directory exists and has files in it, but when I do a getType()
on the FileObject, it comes back as a file type rather that a folder type,
which doesn't allow me to list the files. The directory is setup as a
virtual directory under the default FTP site on a Windows box.

I'm not sure why this is not working, any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Andy Barnes

Re: [vfs] FTP problems

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Andrew!
> I'm not sure why this is not working, any help would be greatly appreciated

Could you please try
org.apache.commons.vfs.libcheck.FtpCheck user pass host [dir]
and send me the output.
The tool is located in src/examples or download it from here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/vfs/trunk/src/examples/org/apache/commons/vfs/libcheck/FtpCheck.java

The question is if the filename you have problems with is listed as file
or directory.

Thanks!
Mario