Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by J Austin <au...@cals.debbs.ndhq.dnd.ca> on 2001/02/13 20:11:40 UTC

Re: mod_jk.so (apxs, fdatasync, snprintf)

Great! That means that I still have more trials ahead of me when I finish
installing an updated gcc.

mikhail malamud wrote:

> Everything compiles and looks good. but httpd simply wont start with
> mod_jk enabled and configtest runs fine.

                                   ^^^^^^
I am up to the point that configtest doesn't work. Anyone have any idea
how many stumbling blocks there are at this point ?

So far:

1) apxs didn't work and it took me hours to find the fix in the PHP FAQ.
        http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11
This included upgrading apache to 1.3.17 in the hope that apxs was fixed
(it wasn't). I also messed around a fair bit with Tomcat and Java.

2) Couldn't join the jakarta-tomcat FAQ-O-MATIC to add my solution to (1)

3) Mailing list archives give you '20 out of a possible 20' matches so you
have to do a jillion queries to try and narrow out information but you don't

know whether your queries are actually narrowing the results.

I got the failure to load the fdatasync problem which was solved by adding
-lposix4 to the apxs command line.

Right now I am replacing my gcc in the hopes that it will give me a libc.so
library containing the snprintf object. Sheesh! are all these type-retentive

Java people actually still coding in C using stdio.h ??? No wonder they
think that C++ is so bad.

linux-jdk1.3.0 on FreeBSD4.2

Posted by Michael Dewhirst <mi...@dolphintime.com>.
Trying to install linux-jdk1.3.0 on FreeBSD4.2...

Could someone PLEASE tell me how to install a patch? I have these files, but
don't know what to do with them...

signal.h
linux_signal.c
linux.h
linux_dummy.c
linux_genassym.c
linux_locore.s
linux_machdep.c
linux_proto.h
linux_syscall.h
linux_sysent.c
linux_sysvec.c
syscalls.master

Thanks a huge amount in advance!

Mike

RE: mod_jk.so (apxs, fdatasync, snprintf)

Posted by mikhail malamud <mi...@drexel.edu>.

1) apxs didn't work and it took me hours to find the fix in the PHP FAQ.
        http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11

What was wrong with apxs, maybe there is something wrong with mine?
This included upgrading apache to 1.3.17 in the hope that apxs was fixed
(it wasn't). I also messed around a fair bit with Tomcat and Java.

2) Couldn't join the jakarta-tomcat FAQ-O-MATIC to add my solution to
(1)

I found a different place to query tomcat-user
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06117.html

3) Mailing list archives give you '20 out of a possible 20' matches so
you
have to do a jillion queries to try and narrow out information but you
don't

know whether your queries are actually narrowing the results.

Keep me updated. I am working basically on the same things as you are.