Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/10/07 10:27:46 UTC

[Fwd: Returned Mail / Atgriezts e-pasts!]

dear apmail,

this bouncing user apparently isn't detected by ezmlm on
cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

could you check whether he is effectively subscribed and if so,
unsubscribe him?

</Steven>

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> If that address is not subscribed it wouldn't bounce because your reply is
> delivered to the list which distributes it to him and then bounce back to
> you directly.

Checked with Brian: the address was subscribed. I've got 3 or 4 of them
in a week time - and one.lv is about mobile messaging using SMS... quite
some unreliable mailbox to let moderately trafficed mailing lists such
as cocoon-dev flow in, IMHO.

I swapped DNS of outerthought.org about a week ago and due to IP address
caching have received ezmlm warnings from most of my Apache mailing
lists, on 30-something messages - did anyone receive bounces?

</Steven>

Re: [Fwd: Returned Mail / Atgriezts e-pasts!]

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Steven Noels wrote:

> dear apmail,
>
> this bouncing user apparently isn't detected by ezmlm on
> cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

No, it is bouncing directly to you as the sender of the mail. Ezmlm is
only invoked during distribution of your reply to it.

> could you check whether he is effectively subscribed and if so,
> unsubscribe him?

If that address is not subscribed it wouldn't bounce because your reply is
delivered to the list which distributes it to him and then bounce back to
you directly.

Anyway I can't remember having got a similar bounce so it might be
temporarly.

Giacomo