Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mi...@newsabina.com on 2005/07/18 21:16:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Accessing my website internally

Hello everyone,
I have my web site up and running without any issues.  But my Question is

How do I access my site on my local network without the outside connection.
The WEB server is on the same physical network. This means not going out to
DSN

I have several virtual host entries and to access them I have to go out to
my ISP and back.  I turn off my port forwarding and access is shut off.  I
understand this.  The default virtual host, which is the first host, does
respond. Locally I type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1100 and I see my apps that are
internal only. All of this is correct so far but I want to turn off outside
connection still have my other virtuals.  I have tried my host file but
this does not work.

Can someone help me,
 Mike Edwards
Software EngrThe information in this eMail and any attachments therein is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient please return the eMail to the sender and delete it from your
computer. Although New Sabina attempts to sweep eMail and attachments for
viruses New Sabina does not guarantee that either are virus free and accept
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Re: [users@httpd] Accessing my website internally

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 7/18/05, Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I have several virtual host entries and to access
> > them I have to go out to
> > my ISP and back.  I turn off my port forwarding and
> > access is shut off.  I
> > understand this.  The default virtual host, which is
> > the first host, does
> > respond. Locally I type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1100 and I
> > see my apps that are
> > internal only. All of this is correct so far but I
> > want to turn off outside
> > connection still have my other virtuals.  I have
> > tried my host file but
> > this does not work.

You need to add entries to the host file of the PC you are using to
connect to the server. Have you tried this?

Basically, if your hosts' internal address is 192.168.0.1, and your
virtual servers are site1.mydomain.com and site2.mydomain.com, you
will need the following in your hosts file (on your PC)
192.168.0.101      site1.mydomain.com site2.mydomain.com

Then point your browser at site1.mydomain.com or site2.mydomain.com...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com