Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Itell, Jason R" <ja...@lmco.com> on 2006/12/15 20:09:11 UTC

Tomahawk datatable within facelets component

Hi,

I have several pages that contain <t:dataTable>'s for which I've built a
custom Facelets ui:composition column component.  The column component
cleans up the code by allowing me to reuse the tags that are common to
all of my columns.

The issue I am running into is that the Tomahawk sorting mechanism does
not work on any column that is in a ui:composition component.

My code within the composition component is as follows:

<ui:composition>

        <t:column>

            <f:facet name="header">

               <t:commandSortHeader columnName="#{field}" arrow="true">

                    <h:panelGroup>

                        <h:outputText value="#{header}"/>

                    </h:panelGroup>

                </t:commandSortHeader>

            </f:facet>

            <h:outputText value="#{record[field]}"/>

        </t:column>

</ui:composition>

And the code to call that component:

<t:dataTable value='#{taskController.tasks}'

         id="items" var="item"

         rowClasses="row1, row2"

         preserveDataModel="true"

         preserveSort="true"