Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kunal H. Parikh" <ku...@carsales.com.au> on 2004/04/15 01:07:27 UTC

Using XDoclet for DynaForms

Hi All!

Is there a recommended way of generating DynaActionForms using XDoclet ?

If not, I guess I would end up writing my own ActionForms and inserting
XDoclet tags in there.

However, is there any performance benefit of using DynaActionForms instead
of plain ActionForms ?

TIA,

Kunal

Re: Using XDoclet for DynaForms

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
Kunal H. Parikh wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>Is there a recommended way of generating DynaActionForms using XDoclet ?
>
>If not, I guess I would end up writing my own ActionForms and inserting
>XDoclet tags in there.
>
>However, is there any performance benefit of using DynaActionForms instead
>of plain ActionForms ?
>
>TIA,
>
>Kunal

If you believe the microbenchmarks that come with commons-beanutils
(grab the source repository and run "ant bench"), dynabeans (and
therefore DynaActionForms) run a little faster on a 1.4 JDK, and quite a
little faster on earlier JDKs, because of the use of reflection for
standard JavaBeans (versus HashMap lookups on dynabeans).  However, it's
unlikely to matter at all for most web applications, unless your servlet
container's server is heavily CPU bound.

Craig

Re: Using XDoclet for DynaForms

Posted by Nick Heudecker <ni...@systemmobile.com>.
Kunil:

I've written an XDoclet extension to create DynaForm configs from POJOs.
It works quite well, and you can find it at:

http://www.systemmobile.com/code/xdoclet-apache-module-sm-1_2.zip

I'm still recovering from a disk failure, which explains the paucity of
content.

On 2004-Apr-15 09:04, Kunal H. Parikh wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Is there a recommended way of generating DynaActionForms using XDoclet ?
>
> If not, I guess I would end up writing my own ActionForms and inserting
> XDoclet tags in there.
>
> However, is there any performance benefit of using DynaActionForms instead
> of plain ActionForms ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Kunal

Nick Heudecker