Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 10:36:58 UTC

use S3-Compatible Storage with spark

Hi,

I wonder how to use S3 compatible Storage in Spark ?
If I'm using s3n:// url schema, the it will point to amazon, is there
a way I can specify the host somewhere ?

Re: use S3-Compatible Storage with spark

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.
The endpoint is the property you want to set. I would look at the source for that.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sujit Pal <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Schmirr,

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.
I could get a little further :
- installed spark-1.4.1-without-hadoop
- unpacked hadoop 2.7.1
- added the folowing in spark-env.sh

HADOOP_HOME=/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/
SPARK_DIST_CLASSPATH=/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/share/hadoop/tools/lib/*/share/hadoop/tools/lib/*:/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/etc/hadoop:/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/share/hadoop/common/lib/*:/opt/had$

and start spark-shell with :
bin/spark-shell --jars
/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/share/hadoop/tools/lib/hadoop-aws-2.7.1.jar

Now spark-shell is starting with
"spark.SparkContext: Added JAR
file:/opt/hadoop-2.7.1/share/hadoop/tools/lib/hadoop-aws-2.7.1.jar at
http://185.19.29.91:46368/jars/hadoop-aws-2.7.1.jar with timestamp
1437575186830"

But when trying to access s3 I have
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem:
Provider org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem could not be
instantiated

In Fact it doesn't even matters if I try to use s3n or s3a, error is
the same (strange!)

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.
Which version do you have ?

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.
I tried those 3 possibilities, and everything is working = endpoint param
is not working :
sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("s3service.s3-endpoint","test")
sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("fs.s3n.endpoint","test")
sc.hadoopConfiguration.set("fs.s3n.s3-endpoint","test")

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
With s3n try this out:

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
That error is a jar conflict, you must be having multiple versions of
hadoop jar in the classpath. First you make sure you are able to access
your AWS S3 with s3a, then you give the endpoint configuration and try to
access the custom storage.

Thanks
Best Regards

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Fwd: use S3-Compatible Storage with spark

Posted by Schmirr Wurst <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.