Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/10/05 06:55:58 UTC

BugRat Report #216 has been filed.

Bug report #216 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/216>

REPORT #216 Details.

Project: Catalina
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat 301
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: linux
   OS Release: redhat 6.2
   Platform: x86

Synopsis:
Parameter value does not acquired when the value is mult-byte characters and when used in HTML anchor tag

When I use html anchor tag to link to my suvlet that has parameter with mult-byte character value I can not acquire the value correctly in my servlet with HttpServletRequest functions like getParameter, etc.

example: <a href=myservlet?name=value>??</a>
When the value is alpa-numeric It is correct but when the value is korean the "v" returned always.

It works well with input tag.