Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Achille Kamgno Tatuebu <sl...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2004/04/06 19:42:02 UTC

using the commandline tools of xindice-1.1b3

Hello,

I downloaded and compiled Tomcat-5 and xindice-1.1b3 under Linux Redhat.
I could not get the xindice commandline tools work. For example after
having started the server, I tried to create the collection "data" with
the command  "xindice add_collection -c /db -n data". When I entered
this command in the Linux terminal, Xindice commandline help is
activated, describing different commands of xindice and nothing else
happens.
Can someone tell me what might be going on?
Tomcat compilation was successful; I could load the URL
http://localhost:8080/xindice in my browser.

Thanks
Achille

Re: using the commandline tools of xindice-1.1b3

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Achille Kamgno Tatuebu wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I downloaded and compiled Tomcat-5 and xindice-1.1b3 under Linux Redhat.
>I could not get the xindice commandline tools work. For example after
>having started the server, I tried to create the collection "data" with
>the command  "xindice add_collection -c /db -n data". When I entered
>this command in the Linux terminal, Xindice commandline help is
>activated, describing different commands of xindice and nothing else
>happens.

Before it starts printing help it should print some error. Xindice 1.1b4
should be a bit better in this respect.

>Can someone tell me what might be going on?
>Tomcat compilation was successful; I could load the URL
>http://localhost:8080/xindice in my browser.

http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/XindicePort

Vadim