Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Lee Breisacher <LB...@seagullsw.com> on 2001/09/21 21:14:41 UTC

getting SOAP XML to/from Call object

I've been using Apache Soap for a few weeks - I'm quite happy with it.
However, there's one thing that I want to do that required me to make a few
small changes.

I want to be able to easily create a Call object from some SOAP XML. It
appears that the only way to do this with the "standard" Soap library
involves use of the classes ServiceManager and DeploymentDescriptor. But I
don't really want to bother with all that, and it appears that the methods
Call.extractFromEnvelope() and RPCMessage.extractFromEnvelope(), when they
get down to the real work, just need a SOAPMappingRegistry object from the
ServiceManager/DeploymentDescriptor.

So, I tweaked Call and RPCMessage to provide a version of
extractFromEnvelope which takes a SOAPMappingRegistry object instead of a
ServiceManager object. Works great for me.

So, my question is:  Is it possible to get this change incorporated into the
"official" SOAP code repository? If so, how do I go about that? Or
alternatively, is this capability already there in Axis? (Sorry, I haven't
started looking closely at Axis yet).

Thanks,

Lee