Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Edward Thomas <ej...@cyno.co.uk> on 2000/04/23 03:12:29 UTC

Performance of Xerces-p

Dear All,

Are there any benchmarks floating about of how Xerces stacks up against
XML::Parser, XML::DOM, XML::Twig etc? I assume it will be faster because it
is C throughout but have not managed to find any figures (and my attempts at
compiling the beta linux version were not too happy, I don't think gmake
likes me) to back this up.

Thanks,

Edd.

--
  Edward Thomas | ejt@cyno.co.uk
Cynosure Design | www.cyno.co.uk

Re: Performance of Xerces-p

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <je...@ncgr.org>.

Edward> Are there any benchmarks floating about of how Xerces stacks
Edward> up against XML::Parser, XML::DOM, XML::Twig etc? I assume it
Edward> will be faster because it is C throughout but have not managed
Edward> to find any figures (and my attempts at compiling the beta
Edward> linux version were not too happy, I don't think gmake likes
Edward> me) to back this up.

Hey Edward,

Sorry not to get back to you. Hopefully I will have some benchmarks
this week. We have some large (20Mb) files that we need to parse, and
that should give me a clear idea of how fast they work.

What problems did you encounter with the build on linux? In trying to
get this working for a wider audience, it would be useful to find out
what troubles people have.

jas.