Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Tom Widmer <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/05 01:25:08 UTC

Extra attribute problems

I'm trying to depend on a module that differs from my module only in an
extra attribute (named component). I've decided to split up my modules
into components (for reasons relating build management), but have
discovered a problem with extra attribute support.

I get errors due to the depended on module having an equal ModuleID to
my module, and the system interprets this as a circular dependency.
However, for my purposes it shouldn't count as a circular dependency,
since the component extra attribute is different and the ivy files are
completely different (but related).

Are extra attributes meant to be taken as part of the module id (making
my problem a bug), or do I need to modify my approach?

Thanks,

Tom