Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dave Hreczany <da...@thecru.xyz> on 2022/07/13 18:41:45 UTC

CSS Assertion

Hi Team,
Where can I find the CSS Selector Assertion? If it's not available in JMeter, any pointers on how to contribute this new feature to JMeter?

Much thanks,
Dave

Re: CSS Assertion

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Hi Dave.

At the moment,  there is no such assertion directly available. You can
achieve this by combining an extractor and add a validator on the
extracted data.

If you want to contribute a direct assertion, you can either go the
route of publishing a plugin for yourself:
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_tutorial.html (the tutorial
probably needs some love itself)

If you want to have it in the core, you could look at the other
assertions in the core code (look for the newer ones and those, that are
already available as extractors and assertions). Try to build core for
yourself (https://jmeter.apache.org/building.html). Discuss your plans
on the dev mailing list and/or use a PR on github to get feedback on
your implementation.

 From my experience on fixing the existing validators/assertions, it
helps to have a clear view, what you want to assert and writing down
test cases before you implement something.

If you have further questions, head over to the dev mailing list. Hope
we can get you to contribute it.

Felix