Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Yiupun Kwong <yi...@stanfordalumni.org> on 2002/12/27 07:40:36 UTC

Startup Problems continued

I am still having no luck getting the xindice server to start on my machine.

I uninstalled JDK 1.4.1 and installed JDK 1.3.1 instead, and now I get
a slightly different error.

Is this a Linux issue?  A JDK version issue?

The FAQ mentioned the orb.properties file, which I can't seem to find in
my xindice distribution.

Any ideas, suggestions is much appreciated.

DEBUG> APIService: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to find hostname for local
host  minor code: 0  completed: No
DEBUG>
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to find hostname for local host  minor code:
0  completed: No
        at
org.openorb.iiop.IIOPTransportServerInitializer.<init>(IIOPTransportServerInitializer.java:96)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
        at
org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.OpenORBLoader.constructClass(OpenORBLoader.java:374)
        at
org.openorb.iiop.IIOPProtocolInitializer.init(IIOPProtocolInitializer.java:185)
        at org.openorb.PI.OpenORBInitInfo.post_init(OpenORBInitInfo.java:166)
        at
org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.OpenORBLoader.init(OpenORBLoader.java:152)
        at org.openorb.CORBA.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:646)
        at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:324)