Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by navaz <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/08 20:14:54 UTC

set up a hadoop cluster

Hi All

I need one suggestion from his group. I am trying to set up a hadoop
cluster in my research lab. I would like to know how many physical VMs are
needed for this. .  My main intrest to measure the shuffle phase network
traffic. What is the basic requirement like namenode and data node .

Thanks & Regards
*Abdul Navaz*

*Graduate Student*
*University of Houston*
*Houston, TX - 77204-4020*

Re: set up a hadoop cluster

Posted by Smarty Juice <sm...@gmail.com>.
hadoop default replication factor is 3 configured in
hdfs-default.xml<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/hdfs-default.xml>(1
master (namenode) and 2 slaves - data nodes )

useful resource
<http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/>to
start hadoop mutli node cluster installation >

Re: set up a hadoop cluster

Posted by Smarty Juice <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop default replication factor is 3 and you can configure it in
hdfs-default.xml<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/hdfs-default.xml>,
youu should have one Master (NameNode and 2 Slaves  (Data Nodes)

and please follow

Re: set up a hadoop cluster

Posted by Smarty Juice <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: set up a hadoop cluster