Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by arno geffen van <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2014/10/07 11:48:06 UTC

Quickoffice pro

Ik ben arno van geffen ,

En heb een probleem met quickoffice pro app iTunes
Ik kan niet meer bij mijn informatie sinds de update ios8
Graag een oplossing alstublieft

Groetjes Arno

I arno of geffen,

And have a problem with quick office pro app iTunes
I can not with my information since the update ios8
Like a solution please

Greetings Arno

Re: [Computer users]

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 08:26 08/10/2014 -0400, Alan Bonly wrote:
>In my experience intricacies of computers and software, beyond the
>most superficial level, are well beyond the understanding of the
>majority computer users. (Many are unable even to recognize what
>browser they are using.)

Indeed. There are even people who drive a car without knowing what
make of spark plugs it has. Or watch television without knowing the
make of its video decoding chip. Some people wear underwear without
knowing even in which country it was manufactured!

Brian Barker

RE: [moderate please] Re: Quickoffice pro

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
<orcnote> below,

Posted by jonathon <to...@gmail.com>.
On October 10, 2014 4:56:25 AM PDT, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>All I intended to say is that we could use the opportunity to advertise OpenOffice.

That get back to when was a port to iOS (iPhone & iPad) of Apache  OpenOffice done?

jonathon

--
Your documents. Your language. Your way.

Re: [moderate please] Re: Quickoffice pro

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 10-10-2014 22:42, jonathon wrote:
> On October 9, 2014 10:26:03 PM PDT, Martin Groenescheij  wrote:
>
>> I hardly can imagine users can maintain documents on an iPad let alone an iPhone.
> That you can not imagine it, does not mean that it is not done.
>
> There are thousands of apps in the iTune store that are replacable by an office suite, and a set of properly designed templates.
Fine with me then tell them the solution.

Posted by jonathon <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 10-10-2014 12:55, jonathon wrote:
> On October 9, 2014 3:42:38 PM PDT, Martin Groenescheij  wrote:
>
>> Just promote OpenOffice as the solution for all his/her problems.
> When was a port of Apache OpenOffice released for the iPhone?
> When was a port of Apache OpenOffice released for the iPad?
QuickOffice is for working with MS Office documents, I hardly can
imagine users can maintain
documents on an iPad let alone an iPhone.
So basically the users need an viewer to see their documents which are
available on the App Store

Telling the users that we don't support QuickOffice is one thing, but
adding a promotion for
OpenOffice as a good alternative for MS Office is free advertisement.

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Oct 9, 2014, at 6:55 PM, jonathon <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On October 9, 2014 3:42:38 PM PDT, Martin Groenescheij  wrote:
>
>> Just promote OpenOffice as the solution for all his/her problems.
>
> When was a port of Apache OpenOffice released for the iPhone?
> When was a port of Apache OpenOffice released for the iPad?
>
> jonathon

Never, there is are a few "viewers" available. The offending apps are allegedly for working with M$ orifice.

Steve

Re: [moderate please] Re: Quickoffice pro

Posted by jonathon <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Why don't we turn a negative in positive?

Re: [Computer users]

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.
​2​
014-10-08 19:49 GMT+02:00 Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:46:36 +0100
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:38:47 +0000
> > <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Anyone!
> > >

> > > I am an idiot when it comes to computers so please be patient.  I
> installed open office about one month ago and there were no problems.  I
> down loaded some files from word pad and I can no longer activate spell
> check!  I will try to remove open office and reload after saving my files.
> Does anyone know if this is the right way to approach this?
> > >
> > > weaver
> > >

> > Check that the language of the text (shown middle of Status Bar at
> OpenOffice screen bottom) is the same as the language set in
> > /Tools /Options /Language Settings /Languages : Default languages for
> documents
> > It is not sufficient for these to be different flavours of English - the
> regions must match.
> >
> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>
> >

> I have been advised by personal email that my suggestion worked and the
> problem is now solved.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

​Good to hear, Rory - that's the way these fora are meant to work, i e,
that a user who presents a problem is helped to find a solution, without
his or her lack of computer knowledge being subject to mockery !​...

Henri​

Re: [Computer users]

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:46:36 +0100

Re: [Computer users]

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by we...@gmail.com.
Hello Anyone!

I am an idiot when it comes to computers so please be patient.  I installed open office about one month ago and there were no problems.  I down loaded some files from word pad and I can no longer activate spell check!  I will try to remove open office and reload after saving my files.  Does anyone know if this is the right way to approach this?

weaver

Sent from Windows Mail

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 07/10/2014 NoOp wrote:
> Given that this list is likely going to continue to receive these from
> users ... of this bogus (and most
> likely illegal) itunes app, can the list moderators consider filtering
> these & perhaps sending a canned message back to the sender?

I agree. Messages that are obviously referring to the "QuickOffice pro"
app are off topic on this list. So I don't see anything back in
rejecting them.

A variant of Martin's latest answer can be used as canned message:

   ---
Your message is being rejected since users@openoffice.apache.org is a
mailing list for users of Apache OpenOffice, not QuickOffice Pro.

Apache OpenOffice is available for free from http://www.openoffice.org/

QuickOffice Pro links to Apache OpenOffice for support, but Apache
OpenOffice has nothing to do with this application. Please report this
problem to the Apple Store.
   ---

Regards,
   Andrea.

[moderate please] Re: Quickoffice pro

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 10/07/2014 02:48 AM, arno geffen van wrote:
> Ik ben arno van geffen ,
>
> En heb een probleem met quickoffice pro app iTunes
> Ik kan niet meer bij mijn informatie sinds de update ios8
> Graag een oplossing alstublieft
>

> Groetjes Arno
>

> I arno of geffen,
>
> And have a problem with quick office pro app iTunes
> I can not with my information since the update ios8
> Like a solution please
>

> Greetings Arno

Given that this list is likely going to continue to receive these from
users (A fool and his money are soon parted) of this bogus (and most
likely illegal) itunes app, can the list moderators consider filtering
these & perhaps sending a canned message back to the sender?

The senders are not subscribed:
so I imagine that the list manager has the tools to do this.

Re: Quickoffice pro

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On 7 Oct 2014, at 8:48 pm, arno geffen van <ar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ik ben arno van geffen ,
>
> En heb een probleem met quickoffice pro app iTunes
> Ik kan niet meer bij mijn informatie sinds de update ios8
> Graag een oplossing alstublieft
>

> Groetjes Arno
>

> I arno of geffen,
>
> And have a problem with quick office pro app iTunes
QuickOffice links to ApacheOpenOffice for support, but ApacheOpenOffice has nothing to do with this application.