Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2023/03/01 00:51:36 UTC

Re: BAYES scores

> From: "Bill Cole" <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>
>
> It is my understanding that an automated rescoring job was run quite some
> time ago (before I was on the PMC) to generate the Bayes scores, which
> determined that to be the best supplemental score to give to the greater
> certainty.

I was around in those days. My memory isn't the greatest anymore, but what I
recall was that they did automatic rescoring, and then manually tweaked a
few of the values, basically to make them look pretty by rounding off long
fractions. BAYES_999 may have been scored almost completely manually, I
can't quite recall.

        Loren