Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/11/10 16:36:49 UTC

Reminder on Voting

When voting please remember a few things:

1) All list participants are welcome to vote, whether you are a PPMC
member, or not.  Everyone is invited to express their preference.
However, when we tally the votes, the PPMC votes are what determines
the result of the ballot.

2) PPMC members should send their votes from their Apache email
addresses, or from another address that they have added to
committers/MailAlias.txt.

3) You can vote multiple times, but only your most recent vote before
the end of the vote is counted.

4) There is a [DISCUSS] [VOTE] thread as well as a [VOTE] thread.
Valid votes go to the vote thread, ongoing discussion to the
discussion thread.  Since we can all change our votes up to the end of
the balloting period, feel free to argue you position in the vote
thread.

Regards,

-Rob

RE: Reminder on Voting

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I see that "vote" cast in the subject of the e-mail.  I smiled when I saw it, not thinking about how it may fail to be counted.

I also note that the original [VOTE] message does not say much about the rules for how votes should be replies to the original [VOTE] thread.  So there's not much allowance for the fact that not everyone on ooo-dev is up on the protocol for conducting votes on Apache lists.

I'm happy to leave it to the initiator of the [VOTE] to determine whether that non-binding vote is tallied or not, let alone even noticed.  (I do my tallies by sorting on subject and I would never see that one.  But that's only how I do it.  I also flag them as I see them come in, but the sorting wouldn't catch that one.)

 - Dennis

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

RE: Reminder on Voting