Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2008/02/04 21:51:57 UTC

[m2] Differences development / Deployment

Hi there,

i have got a little problem (or misunderstanding) with Maven 2:

I have configured an entry for my issueManagement with an URL in the
POM. Ok...so far so good...

But i would like to have different URL's if i'm working on my
development machine (local) and if i deploy/release a state to the
internet to make it available to other people...

e.g. the following entry is needed if i release/deploy a state of my work:
<issueManagement>
  <system>Tracking</system>
  <url>http://supose.soebes.de/</url>
</issueManagement>

and the following entry is needed if i'm working on my developement
machine (LAN)
<issueManagement>
  <system>Tracking</system>
  <url>http://svn.traveler/supose/</url>
</issueManagement>

Does there exist a good way to handle such kind of situation ?

Thanks in advance for your help....

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: [m2] Differences development / Deployment

Posted by Insitu <ab...@oqube.com>.
Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> i have got a little problem (or misunderstanding) with Maven 2:
>
> I have configured an entry for my issueManagement with an URL in the
> POM. Ok...so far so good...
>
> But i would like to have different URL's if i'm working on my
> development machine (local) and if i deploy/release a state to the
> internet to make it available to other people...
>
> e.g. the following entry is needed if i release/deploy a state of my work:
> <issueManagement>
>   <system>Tracking</system>
>   <url>http://supose.soebes.de/</url></issueManagement>
>
> and the following entry is needed if i'm working on my developement
> machine (LAN)
> <issueManagement>
>   <system>Tracking</system>
>   <url>http://svn.traveler/supose/</url></issueManagement>
>
> Does there exist a good way to handle such kind of situation ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help....

A variable with different definitiosn in different profiles are an
obvious candidate. According to
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html,
the issueManagement tag is not supported directly with profiles.

HTH

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
> --
> SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
> Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
> Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
> 52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

--
Arnaud Bailly, PhD
OQube - Software Engineering